ACBL UNIT 164
Central and Eastern Kentucky
Welcome to the web site of Unit 164 of the American Contract Bridge League (ACBL)
We are in ACBL District 11
Announcing the Unit 164 Sondra and Terrell Holt Goodwill Award
What: Name and home town added to the plaque located at the Bridge Club of Lexington. Announced at the Spring Sectional Membership Meeting. A celebratory cake and certificate will be brought to the primary club of the recipient at an agreeable time with the Club and recipient in recognition of their achievement. The award Includes six free plays at Unit Sectionals within the next 12 months. The Unit President will also nominate the winner(s) for the ACBL Goodwill Award.
When: May be awarded to one or more Unit members. Nominations must be received by the Unit Secretary prior to the end of the calendar year. A committee of 3 Unit Board members, appointed by the Unit President, will review all nominations and determine if one or more are deserving of recognition at this time.
How: The nomination form will be available on the Unit164.org website, example attached. The form is to be completed and submitted as stated above.
- How does the nominee exemplify friendliness?
- Is s/he gracious to opponents and partners?
- How does s/he behave at the table?
- Is s/he supportive of partner?
- Does s/he have a welcoming attitude?
- Is s/he cooperative, does s/he give back to the game and the bridge community?
- Does s/he promote bridge by supporting their local Club and Unit and District Tournaments?
- Any other thoughts/ideas?
Who: Any member of Unit 164 is eligible for the consideration, unless they have a pending Recorder or disciplinary complaint, a Zero Tolerance infraction within the past two years, or has had a disciplinary finding against them within the past five years.